Thursday, February 11, 2010

Normandy

I guess I got out of the loop of updating after not having a computer to update on! Sorry!

Saturday I went to Normandy! It was so so amazing. We went to the German Cemetery, American Cemetery (Osage Beach), and Juno Beach (where the Canadians landed). It was so cool! We left at 6:45 in the morning though. UGH. That was awful. I tried to sleep on the way, but the bus was tiny and uncomfortable. I think it would just be easiest to post some pictures, so everyone can see where I was! One funny story first... Ashley and I were a couple of feet from where the tide had gone up at Osage Beach, and then all of a sudden there was a huge wave and soaked our feet! It was so so funny. We were not expecting that.
The pictures will be in the next blog up, but here are the descriptions of the photos. The black crosses are at the German Cemetery, the white crosses/ Star of Davids are at the American Cemetery, Ashley and I at Osage Beach (also the American Cemetery and where Grandpa Esco landed!), and finally me in the trench at Juno Beach.

I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day! Normandy is pretty much the only interesting thing that has been happening lately. Basically I just get up and go to class, then come back to my apartment. Otherwise I don't do much.

Love,
Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment