Monday, May 24, 2010

Lists

My parents are in Paris!! Woohoo!! Not really sure what they are up to today, but they are safe. :)

I figured now would be as good of a time as any to make a couple of lists. One is a list of the things I will miss about Angers/France, and the other it things I will either not miss... or I really just miss about home. So, here it goes.

Things I will miss:
  • Kebab- SO yummy!
  • Neil Thomas- my marketing professor. He liked to wear vests.
  • Shopping
  • Mims, Bershka, Zara- a bunch of French stores
  • Having one class a day... in the middle of the afternoon
  • Cheap shoes
  • Soldes- the sales all over France
  • Seeing Chateau D'Angers every day
  • My computer (RIP)
  • International friends
  • Gardens
  • Lion Candy Bars
  • Sending letters/postcards
  • Improving my French- obviously I will still be improving by taking classes, but it just won't be the same as actually being in France
  • Walking everywhere

Things I will not miss:
  • Public Transportation
  • ESSCA's crazy class schedule
  • Carrefour- ugh the lines are worse than Walmart!
  • Not being about to speak English outside of school and my apartment
  • Being so far away from family and friends
  • Smelly French people- only 70% of French women wear deodorant!
  • BNP Paribas- my French bank
  • MagicJack- my "phone" that is on my computer. I can't hear the person I am talking to half of the time
  • No rootbeer
  • Not having an oven or dishwasher
  • Not having my phone
  • Paying for laundry/the dryer/the dryer not actually working- so my in my apartment next year, I will have to pay for laundry again, but I have a bunch of friends who have free laundry so I'll probably just go visit someone once a week :)
  • Cultural differences/communication problems

No comments:

Post a Comment