Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rainy Saturday

I LOVE RAIN!... just sayin

Today, Ashley and I had a few errands to do, but only one of them got accomplished. We needed to go to the CAF office, buy escargot, eat lunch, and go grocery shopping.

CAF: I had to go to the doctor for a physical last week (in Nantes), then I filled out a bunch of forms, then I turn them in at the CAF office. After I do this, they will help me pay for my rent! Since my rent is already mostly paid, though, my landlord will put the extra money in my bank account. But the office was not open since it is Saturday. We'll have to go on Monday after class.

Escargot: The typical way someone makes escargot is in an oven, but we found a recipe to make it on the stove. And when in France, right? So we went to the Saturday market, and we couldn't find any. Usually there is a bunch! Very strange.

Lunch: This is the only thing that got accomplished. We ate kebabs at our favorite stand. I will miss that so much!!

Grocery store: For some reason the buses aren't running today! We had to use the Sunday bus to get from CAF to the market. We walked everywhere else. So therefore, we have no way of getting to Carrefour. So we decided to just go to Marché Plus (which I have been pronouncing wrong the entire time I've been here). But of course it had to be closed. So we'll have to go on Monday. The tiny grocery store is open, but I'm sure I can scrounge around today and tomorrow for food from my fridge.


Oh, so my roommate has been MIA the last two weeks, and she finally came back last night. Then her parents came today and she moved out. She'll have to come back though in a few weeks to check out with the landlord... so I'm not sure if I'll ever see her again. She left me a note because I didn't see her last night or today. That was nice.

Now I will continue to enjoy my rainy day :)

XOXO,
Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment