Sunday, January 10, 2010

Getting things accomplished

I think I may have actually accomplished quite a bit today! I made a list of everything I would like to pack (though I may not have room for it all), found my international health insurance card, registered my ISIC card, and did tons of research (mostly about places I'd like to travel to). I think I'm going to get a French phone once I get there. It would make communicating and getting around much easier.

Here's some info about the first few days of my trip:
I am leaving January 16th at 1:55PM.
I will arrive in Paris around 10AM (France time).
My train leaves 3 hours later (I think).
It takes about 2 1/2 hours by TGV from Paris to Angers.
Then ANGERS!
Once I get there, there will be a welcome team from ESSCA waiting for me. They will help me go shopping for things I need and get a bank account set up. Basically, they'll just help me get around Angers my first few days and help me get acclimated.
Orientation begins January 19th, and then classes begin on January 25th.

I feel really ready. The only thing I am nervous about is my Visa getting here on time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!

I'm going to St. Louis tomorrow to hang out with my sister. On Tuesday, it'll be back to preparing for my trip. I will most likely get my packing started, but most importantly I need to do my laundry!
Well. It's off to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow.
Sweet Dreams!
Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment