Thursday, January 21, 2010

It's the weekend!

I was way too exhausted last night to post. Sorry all!

Yesterday was really good... but I had too much to do! After orientation, I went and bought a bus pass and then went to open my French bank account. Unfortunately, all I could do was sign the papers though and I will put money in it tomorrow because for some reason they wouldn't take traveler's checks until Friday. After that I had about 30 minutes in my apartment until the ESSCA international students met for dinner. It lasted 3 hours! We were all talking so much that we didn't want to leave. There was a party after, but Ashely and I were so exhausted that we just decided to come home.

Today went really well too! After orientation, I decided that I would spend tonight in my apartment. Ashley, Allen (a boy that goes to SLU also), and I watched a DVD of Gilmore Girls. It was so fun. I love that show so much! Then I spoke with my third roommate for a really long time. She is so nice and is wanting to work on her English, so we are going to swap movies. She will watch mine in English, and I can watch hers in French. She is a French student that goes to ESSCA. I think I will be able to learn a lot from her.

I got my class schedule for the week! I don't have any classes tomorrow, but Ashley has one from 4:30- 7:30 (yes on a Friday night!), so I am going to go to school with her. I have to meet with Paola, the international student department head, and then I will go to the computer lab or read a book. Hopefully I will also make it to the English Language Library in Angers (ELLIA) tomorrow before I go to school. I really want to get involved with it. It sounds like a really great place for people who speak English to get a chance to get together and meet. But anyway, my first class is on Monday. I have French from 1:30 until 3. That will be fun and interesting.

Goodnight all! I am excited to sleep in. :)
Dena

P.S. I still don't have a heater installed. Did I say that they completely took my heater out? Well they did yesterday, and I didn't have one again today. Hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment